Veg Kurma is an easy to make recipe.South indian style mixed vegetables cooked in a coconut based gravy.Veg Kurma is a great side dish for chapathi,roti,dosa and parotta.
- ½ cup Potato
- 1 cup Butter beans/cranberry beans
- Green peas(optional)
- ¾ tsp Ginger paste
- ½ tsp Garlic paste
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Tomato chopped
For Grind Paste:
- ¼ cup Shredded coconut
- 5 Cashew nut
- 1 tsp Poppy seeds
- 5 large Mint leaves
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp Chilli powder
- ¾ tsp Curry masala powder
- In a mixer, add shredded coconut, cashew nut, poppy seeds, mint leaves, turmeric powder, chilli powder and curry masala powder to grind a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add cinnamon stick, cloves, cardamom, curry leaves and then add ginger garlic paste and sauté for a min.
- Add onion sauté for 2 mins and then add tomatoes sauté for 2 mins.
- Add vegetables and sauté for a min and then add salt mix well.
- Add grind paste mix well and sauté for a min and then add water mix well.
- Cover with the lid and cook for 4-5 whistle.15 mins resting time to open.
- Open the lid. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Veg Kurma is ready now.