Tomato Coconut Chutney, is a simple chutney recipe for idli and dosa.Step by step method on the end of this post.
- 4 Tomato
- 1 Big onion
- 4-5 Garlic
- 1 Red chilli (to taste)
- ½ tsp Jeera seeds
- Oil as needed
- Salt to taste
- ½- ¾ cupShredded coconut
- 3 sticks Curry leaves
- 2 sticks Coriander leaves
- 3 tsp Sesame oil
- ½ tsp Mustard seeds
- ½ tsp Urad dal
- 1 stick Curry leaves
- Heat oil in a pan. Add jeera seeds and garlic and sauté for 3 mins and then add red chilli .
- Add onion chopped and sauté for 5 mins.
- Add tomato and salt and sauté for mushy consistency.
- Then add shredded coconut mix well and sauté for 2 mins.
- Add curry leaves and coriander leaves and sauté for 2 mins and then cool down.
- In a mixer, the mixture to grind a fine chutney paste. Chutney transfer into the bowl.
- Heat sesame oil in a small pan. Add mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves to temper and then transfer into the chutney bowl and mix well.
- Tomato Coconut Chutney is ready now.