Sweet Poli (Puran poli) is a traditional recipe.Sweet flat bread prepared during special occasions and festival.
- ¾ cup Gram dal
- 1 cup Jaggery (to taste)
- ¼ tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 cup All purpose flour(maida)
- ¼ tsp Salt (to taste)
- 3 to 4 tsp Oil
- ¼ to ½ cup Water
- In a bowl, add flour, salt, oil, water combined mix well and make a soft dough.
- Soft dough knead for 5 mins.
- And then soak for 2 hours.
For sweet stuffing:
- In a bowl, gram dal soak for 3 hours.
- Add soaked gram dal in a pressure cooker cook for 1 whistle and rest for 20 mins.
- Strain the water thoroughly and cool down. And then grind the gram dal in a mixer grind a mushy consistency like a thick paste.
- In a mixer, grind the jaggery like a soft powder.
- Heat in a pan add mushy gram dal, jaggery powder, powdered cardamom powder mix well and cook for 2 to 3 mins combined mix well thick consistency.
- Cool down and make a small ball.
For final assembely:
- Take a zip lock cover spread some ghee.
- Take small amount of dough spread it in center thin layer place sweet stuffing ball in center and then make a potli bag. cut them extras in the top of money bag.
- Now it seems like a ball.
- And then roll the ball spread it evenly like a circle shape.
- Heat the tawa on medium heat and place the poli over the tawa.
- Cook the poli on both sides by applying ghee till its golden brown and then serve.