Simple Potato Kurma is a very simple dish to make for 15 mins.Simple Kurma easy to make step by step method on the end of this post.
- 2 Potato chopped
- ½ Big onion chopped
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 2 Cloves
- 1 Cardamom
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 Star anise
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp Chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup Water
For Grind Paste:
- ½ cup Shredded coconut
- ¾ tsp Fennel seeds
- ¼ tsp Cumin seeds
- 5 Cashew nut
- 1 tsp Poppy seeds
- In a mixer, add coconut, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, cashew nut, poppy seeds add water to grind a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add cinnamon stick, cloves, cardamom, bay leaf, star anise.
- Add curry leaves, add onion and sauté for a min.
- Then add tomato sauté for a min and chopped potatoes mix well and sauté for a min.
- Add grinded paste mix well and add turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt mix well.
- Add water and cover with the lid for 2-3 whistle.10 mins reesting time to open.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Simple Potato Kurma is ready now.