Simple Chicken Kulambu with Coconut, is a simple and quick kulambu recipes that can be made easily by bachelors who are new to cooking.It goes very well with rice,biryani,idli,dosa,parotta and chapathi.
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 1 hour
- 1 1/2 lb Chicken
- 2 sticks Curry leaves
- 40 Small onion
- 2 Tomato finely chopped
- 4 Bay leaf
- 4 Cinnamon sticks
- 1 3/4 tsp Ginger paste
- 1 1/2 tsp Garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Chilli powder
- 2 ½-3 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
- Water as needed
To Grind Paste:
- 1 cup Shredded Coconut
- 20 Cashewnut
- Mix in a bowl, add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, fennel seeds powder, garam masala powder with a little water.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cashewnuts and shredded coconut.Roasted for golden color and then cool down.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add bay leaf, cinnamon sticks, curry leaves and small onion and sauté for 3 mins.
- Add tomato finely chopped and salt and then sauté for mushy consistency.
- Add ginger garlic paste and sauté for 2 mins.
- Add spices powder mix and sauté for oil leaves separately.
- Add chicken pieces and sauté for 5 mins and then add water.
- Cover with the lid and cook for 1 whistle (or) open cook.20 mins resting time to open.
- In a blender, add roasted coconut and cashew with water grind a fine paste.
- Open the lid and then add grind paste and cook for 2 mins.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Simple Chicken Kulambu with coconut is ready now.