Simple Chicken Biryani is easy in pressure cooker that tastes delicious.Biryani is a rice-based dish made with spices, rice,and mixed with chicken, mutton etc… This is a simple and quick recipe for chicken biryani.
- 350 gms Chicken
- 1 ½ cup Seeragasamba rice( jeera rice)/basmati rice
- 3 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 2 Cardamom
- 5 Cloves
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 Star anise
- 1 stick Curry leaves
- 1 to 1 ½ Big onion chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- ¾ tsp Garlic paste
- 1 ½ Tomato chopped
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp Chilli powder(to taste)
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 3 sticks Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 3 sticks Mint leaves finely chopped
- 2 ½ cup to 2 ¾ cup Water
- 1 ½ tsp Ghee
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add cinnamon stick, cardamom, cloves, bay leaves, star anise. And add curry leaves chopped.
- And then add chopped onion sauté till they turn lightly brown color, then add ginger paste and garlic paste sauté for 3 mins.
- Add chopped tomatoes saute for 2 mins. Then add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, salt saute for a min and add coriander leaves and mint leaves sauté for a min.
- Add chicken mix well and saute for a min then add a ghee roasted rice mix well (see note how to roasted). Add 2 ½ cup water mix well.
- Finely,add a sprinkle a little of coriander leaves and mint leaves and covered with the lid for 1 whistle.20 mins resting time to open.
- Serve hot with raita and kulambu.
- Simple Chicken Biryani is ready now.
- Ghee roasted rice- wash rice quickly, heat the ghee 1 ½ tsp full in a pan drop the rice stir continuously to the lightly rice smell comes out take it out.