Seppankizhangu Roast (Taro Fry), is an easy and very delicious side, it is spicy and crispy on the outside. It goes well with a perfect sides for any south indian rice varieties.
- 2 lb Seppankizhangu/Taro root/Arbi
- Oil as needed (5 tbsp)
- 2 tsp Rice flour
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- ¾ -1 tsp Chilli powder (to taste)
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp Jeera powder
- In a pan, add seppankizhangu/taro and water and then cover with the lid and cook for 15-20 mins and then check inbetween time its cooked or not.
- Take one knife insert into the seppankizhangu check its cooked.
- Peel the skin and cut into round shape.
- In a bowl, add 3 tbsp oil, rice flour, turmeric powder, chilli powder, jeera powder, salt and mix well.
- And then add cooked round seppankizhangu and mix well.
- Heat 2-3 tbsp oil in a pan. Add seppankizhangu mix and roast for medium to low flame.
- Nearly 30 mins to roasted.
- Seppankizhangu Roast/Taro Fry is ready now.