Savory Diamond Cuts, is a very simple recipe.Diamond cuts are best crunchy tea time snacks.Step by step method on the end of this post.
- 1 cup Maida
- 2 Red chillies
- 3 Garlic
- 1 inch Ginger
- ¼ tsp Ajwain (omam)
- Salt to taste
- Oil deep fry
- Grind red chillies, ginger and garlic with water, until smooth.
- In bowl, mix flour, salt, ajwain and pour this grind chilli mix.
- Add oil and enough water to mix to a stiff dough. Keep aside for at least 30 mins.
- Again knead the dough and then divide to equal parts.
- Roll into thin chapathi and cut into strips and then diagonally to make diamonds using knife/pizza cutter.
- Use a thin spatula to take out diamond cuts from the rolling board. Dont worry if it gets together. When you drop in oil, it will separate. But be gentle when you gather, while dropping.
- Deep fry in hot oil with medium flame and keep turning constantly for even cooking.
- When it golden in color and the bubbles and sound ceases, drain it in paper towel.
- Savory Diamond Cuts is ready now.