Rasmalai is a Bengali delicacy that is very popular among the Indian Sweet Lovers.Flattened balls of Indian cottage cheese are cooked in sugar syrup and dunked in sweetened thick that is of cream consistency. These flattened balls or discs are juicy after soaking up the creamy thick milk.
- Rasgullas Rasgullas
For basudhi before stage:
- 1 litre (4 cups) Milk
- 5 tsp Sugar
- Saffron as needed
- Chopped nuts
- Take a pan- Add milk,boil milk take 2 tbsp of milk in a cup add saffron to soak. Remaining milk to simmer it till it is reduced to almost half.It may take atleast 1 hour 10 mins so keep stirring in between so that it doesn’t get burnt at the bottom.
- The color of milk will change to slightly yellow color ,after saffron mix and sugar is added, let it boil for atleast 2 mins.
- Once it is thick and creamy switch off. cool down.
- Squeeze rasgullas gently and place them in a bowl add rabdi.
- Chill it for atleast an hour.
- Garnish with saffron or chopped nuts.