Potato Masala (Poori masala) – South Indian style potato masala with in mild, flavorful gravy. It is served with hot, puffed poori’s, chapathi, dosa stuffing.
- 3 Potato chopped
- 1 Big onion chopped
- 2 to 3 Green chillies (split remove seeds)
- 1 inch Ginger finely chopped
- 1 stick Curry leaves
- ¼ tsp Mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp Gram dal
- Water needed
- ½ tsp Gram flour
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp Asafoetida powder
- Coriander leaves
- Oil as required
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add mustard seeds to crackled and gram dal roast till light brown color.
- Add curry leaves and then add ginger finely chopped mix well and sauté for a min.
- Add onion mix well and sauté for they turn transcluent color. And then add potatoes sauté for 3 mins.
- Now add turmeric powder and salt mix well and then water fully covered potatoes.
- Cook for 3 whistle.15 mins resting time to open the lid.
- Open the lid and mix well. Add gram flour+water to mix it, drop into the masala till thick consistency.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Potato masala is ready now.