Pita Bread, is a flatbread is also known pitta bread.It is used in many Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cuisines and resembles other slightly leavened flatbreads.
For Sponge Mix:
- ½ pkg Dry active yeast(1 ¼ tsp)
- ½ cup Warm water
- ½ cup All-purpose flour or wheat flour
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour or wheat flour
- Make sponge mix: In a bowl, add yeast and lukewarm water mix well and then add all purpose flour and whisk together. Put bowl in a warm place, uncovered, until mixture is frothy and bubbling, about 15 mins.
- Add olive oil, salt and all purpose flour mix forms mass.knead in a bowl for 5-10 mins.
- In a same bowl, sprinkle some oil and dough place in center. Cover with the foil sheet. Rest for 2 hrs.
- Let rise 2 hours or until doubled size.
- Dust flour spread dough using your hands to make a 4 equal parts. Place them in plate and cover with the plastic wrap. Let rise 30 mins.
- Take one part of dough roll it. Roll into ¼ inch thick round shape. Let rest for 5 mins before grilling.
- Use medium to high heat. Brush olive oil into a pan.
- Grill for about 3 mins per side flip it over another side 3mins.
- Pita Bread is ready now.