Pav Bhaji is a fast food dish from mumbai. pav is an Indian bread and bhaji is mashed vegetables cooked with spice powder.
- 1 Pav bun (available in grocery stores)
- ½ tsp Butter
- 1 Big onion finely chopped
- ½ tsp Ginger paste
- ½ tsp Garlic paste
- 1 Tomato finely chopped
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ Carrot finely chopped
- 10 Beans finely chopped
- ½ cup Green peas
- 6 Potatoes boiled
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup Water or needed
- 2 to 2 ½ tsp Pav bhaji masala powder(available in grocery stores)
- 1 to 2 tsp butter
- 2 tsp oil
- In a pan water, chopped carrot, beans, green peas to cook for 10 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onion sauté for 3 mins, and then add ginger paste, garlic paste its raw smell goes out, add tomatoes sauté for till they turn mushy consistency.
- Add turmeric powder, boiled vegetables sauté for a min. add boiled and mashed potatoes mix well sauté for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add salt, water and mix well and then add pav bhaji masala powder to mix well cook for 3 mins. Add butter.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
For pav bun:
- In a hot dosa tawa, add butter it melted immediately scrub the bun in melted butter on both side cook for golden color.
- Plating with pav bun, pav bhaji, onion finely chopped, lemon wedges.