Pachai Mochai Payaru Masala, is a famous dish in south india.Mochai masala/stir fry/kulambu/kurma is common in south india.It goes well with rice varieties.
- 3 cups Pachai Mochai Payaru
- Oil as needed
- 1/2 tsp Fennel seeds powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam masala powder
- 3 stick Curry leaves chopped
- 15 Small Onion chopped
- ¼ tsp Garlic paste
- ¼ Tomato chopped
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- 3/4 tsp Chilli powder (to taste)
- 3/4 tsp Coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- 1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/8 tsp Urad dal (optional)
- a few Curry leaves
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add fennel seeds powder, garam masala powder, curry leaves and small onion and sauté for 3 mins.
- Add garlic paste and sauté for raw smell goes out and then add tomato chopped and sauté for a min.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and mix well for a min.
- Add pachai mochai payaru and mix well for a min. Add salt.
- Add water mix well and cover with the lid and cook for 4 whistle.
- Resting time 15 mins to open the lid and mix well.
- Heat oil in a small pan. Add mustard seeds,urad dal (optional) and curry leaves spultter.Drop into the mochai masala.
- Pachai Mochai Payaru Masala is ready now.