Naatu Kozhi Kulambu, is an all time favorite for most chicken lovers especially from south india.Naatu kozhi kulambu is an authentic kulambu recipe.Serves with saffron rice,biryani,dosa or parotta.
- 1 lb (450gms) naatu kozhi (chicken)
- 1 Big onion finely chopped
- 10 small onion finely chopped
- ¾ Tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- ¾ tsp Garlic paste
- 3 sticks Curry leaves chopped
- 2 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 ½ tsp Fennel seeds powder
- 1 pinch Cloves powder
- 1 pinch Cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch Cardamom powder
- ¼ tsp Garam masala powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- ¾ tsp Curry masala powder Curry Masala Powder
- ½ tsp(or) to taste Salt
- Water required
- Coriander leaves finely chopped
For Saute & Grind Paste:
- 3 tsp Shredded coconut
- 3 cashew nut
- Heat oil in a pan. now add at a time fennel seeds powder, cardamom powder, cloves powder, cinnamon powder .immediately add a chopped curry leaves ,finely chopped big and small onions mix well and sauté till the light golden brown.
- Add ginger paste, garlic paste mix well, add finely chopped tomatoes and sauté till mushy and oil comes out.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, curry masala powder, garam masala powder, salt sauté for a minute. Then add nattu kozhi(chicken) sauté for 5 mins.
- Add a water covered naatu kozhi(chicken) level, covered with lid cook for 3whistles. Take 20 mins resting time. Open the lid.
- Heat oil in a pan. add shredded coconut and cashew nut and saute for a 3-4 mins light golden color.And then grind a fine paste with water.
- Add grinded paste and cook for 5 mins.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Naatu Kozhi Kulambu is ready now.