Mutton Kola Urundai(Meat Balls) is a southindian dish. Especially Kola Urundai is famous in Madurai(Tamilnadu).Its made with mutton minced meat and ground masala step by step method below post.
- ¾ lb(300gms) Minced meat(boneless mutton)
- 1/2 to 1 Egg
- Oil for deep fry
- curry leaves chopped
For Grind Masala Paste:
- 2 Cardamom
- 2 Cloves
- 2 Cinnamon sticks(small pieces)
- 2tsp Fennel seeds
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp Pepper corn
- 10 Small onion
- 1”inch Ginger
- 6 pods Garlic
- 4 Cashew nut
- 2 tsp Pottukadalai(dry roasted gram dal)
- 5 Green chillies
- 1 Red chilli
- 2 to 2 ½ tsp Shredded(grated) coconut
- Curry leaves a little
- Heat a 1tsp oil in a pan and then add cardamom, cloves, cinnamon sticks.add curry leaves,fennel seeds,cumin seeds,pepper corn,cashew nut,ginger,garlic,small onion,green chilles,red chilli,sautéd one by one mix well.pottukadalai(gram dal),shredded(grated) coconut one by one and fry till the coconut turns slightly golden brown.
- Grind all the sauted items to fine paste.
- In a pan add water and minced meat(boneless mutton) boil 15 to 20 minutes and strain the water thoroughly. no water in the meat it’s a perfect to grind paste.
- Grind masala’s and meat paste both mixed together.add a salt and chopped curry leaves.
- Add a remaining broken egg mix well.
- Make a small meat balls to deep fry in medium fire till the balls turn golden brown.
- Mutton Kola urundai(Meat Balls) is ready now.