Mutton Bone Soup Rasam (Mutton Elumpu Soup Rasam), is one of the tastiest rasam recipe. “Rasam- is a south indian soup”.It goes well with white rice or seperately as a spicy soup.
- 1 lb Mutton bone
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 ¼ tsp Coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 2 split Green chilli
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- ¾ tsp Garlic paste
- 6 sticks Curry leaves
- ½ tomato chopped
- ½ tsp jeera powder (cumin powder)
- 1 cup Pachai Mochai Payaru (beans variety)(optional)
- ½- 3/4 tsp pepper powder (to taste)
- Needed Water
- Chopped coriander leaves
- In a pressure cooker, add mutton pieces, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt, sesame oil, green chilli, ginger paste, garlic paste, curry leaves, jeera powder, tomato and water, fully covered mutton pieces level.
- Cover with the lid and cook for 12 whistles and switch off the gas. Take 10 mins resting time to open the lid.
- Add Pachai Mochai Payaru (one type of bean variety) (optional) and mix well.
- Cover with the lid and cook for 5 whistles and switch off the gas. Take 20 mins resting time to open the lid.
- Add pepper powder and mix well.
- Garnish with Chopped coriander leaves.
- Mutton Bone Soup Rasam (Mutton Elumpu Soup Rasam) is ready now.