MIL Chicken Biryani, is a very tasty and amazing biryani.Mother In Law biryani recipe is a good taste, try this recipe.
- 2 ½ -3 lb Chicken
- 4 cup Ghee Roasted seeragasamba rice/kali jeera rice
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon powder
- ¼ tsp Cloves powder
- ¼ tsp Cardamom powder
- ¼ tsp Star anise powder
- 10 Bay leaf
- 25 small onion chopped
- 4 Tomatoes chopped
- 4 Green chillies split
- ½ cup Coriander leaves
- ½ cup Mint leaves
- 4 tbsp Curd
- 4 cup Coconut milk
- 3 ½ cup Water
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup Ghee
- 1/4 cup Oil
To grind paste:
- 25 Small onion
- 5 inch Ginger
- 15 Garlic pods
- 8 Green chilli (hot)
- ½ handful Mint leaves
- 1 handful Coriander leaves
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon powder (or)whole
- ¼ tsp Cloves powder (or) whole
- ¼ tsp Cardamom powder (or) whole
- ¼ tsp Star anise powder (or) whole
- In a bowl, add chicken pieces, curd, chilli powder, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder and rest it for 1 hour.
- In blender, add small onion, ginger, garlic, green chilli, coriander leaves, mint leaves, cinnamon powder, cloves, star anise, cardamom powder and then grind a fine green paste.
- Heat Ghee+ oil in a pan. Add cinnamon powder, cloves powder, cardamom powder, star anise powder, bay leaf.
- Immediately, add small onion chopped, green chilli split and sauté for 2 mins. And then add turmeric powder, coriander powder and mix well.
- Add ¼ cup coriander leaves, ¼ cup mint leaves and sauté for a min.
- Then add tomatoes chopped and cook for 5 mins or mushy consistency.
- And then add chicken with curd marination and allow to 70 % chicken cooked.
- And then add green grind fine paste and cook to allow for water evaporates and raw smell goes out and add salt.
- Add coconut milk and water to boil and then add ghee roasted rice and mix well.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup coriander leaves, ¼ cup mint leaves and ghee.
- Cover with the lid and cook for 15-20 mins in medium to low flame.
- MIL Chicken Biryani is ready now.