Macroons (Tuticorin) is a special type of macaroon in the state of tamilnadu in India.Egg whites are prized as a source of low- fat and high protein nutrition.
- 2 Egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- Seperate the egg white first and then grind the cashew nut in mixie till it becomes powder.
- Once you have separated the egg whites, add it into the a mixing bowl and use the electric beater(or) hand mixer to beat it.
- Initially beat it in low speed once it started foams, beat it in high speed now slowly add the sugar little by little(maximum 1 spoon) and beat well, till you get the stiff peaks.the mixture should be thick not slide down. Something that is in the consistency of whipped cream. This step took me around 8 to10 minutes.
- Now slowly mix the powdered cashew nuts using spatula and mix well.
- Once done you need to act fast and should not take a rest, drop the mix into a cone (or) zip lock cover and start pipeing oven tray with foil sheet or parchment sheet.
- Once done bake it for 1 hr 30 mins to 2 hrs in 100-degree celsius (200 degree F)and then take it out.
- Let it cool for 30mins and then take it store.
- Macroons are ready now.
- My macroons taste is perfectly good but shape is not perfect.So i recommented to use electric beater to beat well till you get the stiff peaks.
- If macroons are perfectly baked, then it will not stick to the foil sheet. If macroons are still sticky then bake for some more time.
- Maximum 2 hrs required (100 – degree celsius) to bake the macroons.