Kuzhi Paniyaram, is a very popular dish in Tamilnadu.The Paniyaram can be made Sweet or Savoury.This is a Savoury version.
- 1 ½ cup Idli-dosa batter
- 1 cup Idli rice
- ¼ tsp salt
- Water as required
- Oil as needed
- 1/8 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/8 tsp Urad dal seeds
- ¼ tsp Jeera seeds
- 1 stick Curry leaves chopped
- 2-3 Green chillies finely chopped
- 15 Small onion finely chopped
- A pinch Salt (to taste)
- Coriander leaves chopped
- A pinch Asafoetida
- Take idli-dosa batter in a bowl and then soaked idli rice for 2 hrs.
- In a blender, soaked idli rice and then add salt and then add water to grind a rava consistency.
- Transfer into the idli-dosa batter bowl and mix well.Cover with the lid and rest it for 6hrs in a warm area.
- After 6 hrs.Take small onion finely chopped,curry leaves chopped, green chillies finely chopped and coriander leaves chopped.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds urad dal and jeera seeds and then add curry leaves,add green chillies and mix well.
- Add small onion and saute for 2 mins and then add salt and mix well.
- Add coriander leaves and then add asafoetida powder and mix well.
- Transfer into the idli-dosa batter and rice batter mixture.
- Heat a kuzhi paniyaram non-stick pan with some oil or ghee.
- Pour some batter in kuzhi shape.
- Cover with the lid and cook for 2 mins.
- Now flip over and cover with the lid and cook for 2 mins.
- Kuzhi Paniyaram is ready now.