Spinach tastes delicious,is absolutely packed with iron, calcium and essential vitamins like A, B, and C.Spinach, along with other green, leafy vegetables, is rich in iron.
- ¼ cup Toor dal
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp Chilli powder
- ¼ tsp Jeera seeds
- 100 gms Spinach leaves finely chopped
- 1 ½ cup Water
- ¾ tsp Jeera seeds
- ½ Big onion finely chopped
- Wash and soak the toor dal for 30 mins. Take soaked toor dal add turmeric powder, chilli powder, jeera seeds, washed and chopped spainch leaves, add water.
- Cover with the lid and cook for 4 whistle. 15 mins resting time for cool down.
- Open the lid and cook for some more times till they water evaporates completely.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add jeera seeds crackled, add onion sauté for 3 mins and then added into spinach pan.
- Now mix well and then add salt to it.
- Keerai kootu is ready now.