Kara Chutney, is a lip smacking side dish recipe.It goes well with idli,dosa and uttapam.You must try this recipe.
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- 1 tsp Channa dal
- 1 ½ Red chillies (to taste)
- 4 Garlic pods
- ½ Big onion chopped
- 2 Tomatoes chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Oil
- ¼ tsp Mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp Urad dal
- 1 stick Curry leaves
- Heat oil in a pan. Add urad dal and channa dal and then roasted for golden color.
- Add red chillies and roasted and then cool down.
- In a same pan, add garlic, onion and sauté for 2 mins.
- And then add tomatoes and sauté for mushy consistency and then cool down.
- In a blender, add dals and red chillies to grind a powder and then add salt.
- And then same blender add sauted onion, garlic and tomatoes to grind a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves.
- Add into the chutney.
- Kara Chutney is ready now.