Idli-Dosa Sambar is a south indian dish.Toor dal contain high levels of portein.Sambar recipe step by step method end on this post.
- 1 cup Toor dal
- 4 cup Water
- 5 Small onion
- 1 Carrot(optional) chopped
- 5 Beans(optional)chopped
- 1 Tomato finely chopped
- 2 sticks Curry leaves
- 2 split Green chilli
- 1 lemon sized Tarmarind water
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp Chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 pinch Asafoetida powder
- 1 tsp full Sambar powder (Sambar powder)
- ¼ tsp Mustard seeds
- 3 tsp Oil
- Coriander leaves finely chopped
- Toor dal wash and add water soak for 30 mins.
- In a pressure cooker, add toor dal, water cover with the lid for 3 whistles. Take 20 mins resting time.
- Open the lid, mix well add small onion, vegetables(optional), finely chopped tomatoes, curry leaves, green chilli mix well cover with the lid cook for 10mins.
- Add tamarind water, chilli powder, turmeric powder, asafoetida powder,salt cover with the lid cook for 10 mins.
- Heat oil in a small pan and then add mustard seeds allow them to crackle. Add sambar powder mix well immediately transfer to sambar mix well cook for 5 mins.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Idli-Dosa Sambar(hotel style) is ready now.