Idli-Dosa Batter ,Making Homemade Idli Dosa Batter is a simple three-stage process, soaking, grinding and fermenting.
- 4 cup Idli rice
- 1 cup Urad dal
- ½ tsp Fenugreek seeds
- 2 ½ tsp Salt
- Water required
- Measure each ingredients as per the above measurement, keep separately.
- Wash and soak idli rice, urad dal, fenugreek seeds in water each separately for atleast 3 hrs.
- Now drain urad dal water( to use helping to grind using this water). adding urad dal take care the grinder doesn’t get stuck. Start grinding it . Add sprinkling water in between at regular intervals to help grinding. Grind it for 20 mins till it smooth paste its thicker consistency and fluffy. collect the urad dal batter in a container.
- Now drain rice water(using this to sprinkle water to grind). Adding rice, fenugreek seeks with water. Start grinding it. Add sprinkling water in between at regular intervals to help grinding. Grind it for 30 mins till it smooth paste its thinner consistency. collect the rice batter in a same urad dal batter container.
- The rice batter is slightly thinner than urad dal batter.
- Now add salt to the take rice, urad dal batter mix well using hands.
- Keep aside in a warm place to ferment well for atleast 8 – 10 hrs. once the batter is fermented mix it completely with a spoon so that everything mixed properly and then put it in to the refrigerator.(Can you see the ferment batter with a porous look..if you see the batter would have raised well.)
- Now your idli dosa batter is ready to use.
- While you are ready to make dosa or idli. Mix it the batter once again. you would add some more water if you need and make dosa or idli.