Garlic Idli Podi (Poondu Podi), is a simple and prefect side dish for south indian breakfast recipes like ildi, dosa, uthapam.
- Garlic 12 cloves (1 whole head)
- ½ cup Channa dal / Garm dal
- 1/8 cup Urad dal
- 1 tbsp Coriander seeds
- 2 Red chilli (to taste)
- 3 Kashmiri red chilli
- ¼ tsp Asafoetida powder/ Hing
- 1 tsp Salt
- Take garlic crushed, channa dal, urad dal, coriander seeds, asafoetida, salt, red chilli and red kashmiri chilli.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add crushed garlic roast till golden color. Keep aside and cool down then turns crispy.
- Then add channa dal and dry roast it until golden. keep aside and cool down.
- Add chillies and dry roast it. Keep aside and cool down.
- Then add coriander seeds and dry roast till golden. Keep aside and cool down.
- Add urad dal and dry roast till golden.
- Then add salt and asafoetida powder mix it. Keep aside and cool down.
- All roasted items and cool down completely.
- In blender, add red chilli and garlic and then grind the half stage. Then add remaining all roasted items and grind to a semi powder.
- Transfer to a plate and let it cool completely. Cool down and store in an airtight container.
- Garlic Idli Podi is ready now.