Falafel, is a traditional Middle Eastern food,commonly served in a pita, which acts as a pocket, or wrapped in a flatbread.
- 1 cup chickpeas soaked
- ½ Onion chopped
- 4 Garlic
- ½ cup Parsley
- 1 tsp Salt or to taste
- ¼ tsp Pepper powder
- ½ tsp Cumin powder
- ¼ tsp Coriander powder
- ¼ tsp Cayenne pepper or chilli powder
- 1 tsp All purpose flour
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- In a mixer, add chickpeas, onion, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, cayenne powder, all purpose flour, lemon juice.
- You need crispy consistency falafel grind a course paste and grind paste.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Meanwhile, form mixture into round balls or slider-shaped patties using wet hands or a falafel scoop.
- Deep fry the falafels of 5-6 at a time till golden brown on both sides.