Egg Kothu Parotta is a popular street food of Tamil Nadu especially in madurai.Kothu Parotta is made with parotta, eggs and salna (chicken kurma). Also known as Muttai Parotta.
- 1 ½ Parotta(paratha) finely chopped (parotta)
- ¾ cup to 1 cup Chicken kurma (chicken kurma)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Big onion finely chopped
- 4 sticks Curry leaves chopped
- ¼ tsp to ½ tsp Pepper powder(to taste)
- Salt to taste
- ¼ Tomato finely chopped
- Oil as needed
- Coriander leaves finely chopped
- Tear the parotta in to small pieces by using your hands and keep aside.
- In a dosa tawa, add onions sprinkle some oil to sauté for 5 mins till lightly brown. And then add pepper powder and salt and mix well.
- Add curry leaves mix well and then add tomato sauté for 3 mins.
- Then add pieced parotta sauté for 2 mins. Take a bowl 2 eggs beaten with chicken kurma and then add a top of pieced parotta mix well cook for 5 mins mix continuously.
- Now comes the kothu part of the parotta.
- Take a sharp edge spatula(stainless steel dosa spatula) or sharp edges cups. And then parotta till it becomes small pieces see image.
- Cook it for 5 mins.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with chicken kurma and riata.