Coconut Poli, is a delicious Indian recipe served as a Dessert.I have shared a recipe to make Sweet Poli Puran poli in my blog.This is an another variation and mainly prepared with coconut.
- 1 cup Shredded Coconut
- 3 ½ -4 tbsp Sugar or Jaggery (to taste)
- ½ tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 tsp ghee
- ¾ cup All purpose flour(maida)
- ¼ tsp Salt (to taste)
- 3 to 4 tsp Oil
- ¼ to ½ cup Water
- In a bowl, add flour, salt, oil, water combined mix well and make a soft dough.
- Soft dough knead for 5 mins.
- And then soak for 2 hours.
For sweet stuffing:
- Take shredded coconut, sugar or jaggery, cardamom powder.
- Heat in a pan add Shredded coconut, sugar (or) jaggery powder, powdered cardamom powder mix well and cook for 5 mins combined mix well sticky consistency.
- Cool down and make a small ball.
For final assembely:
- Take a zip lock cover spread some ghee.
- Take small amount of dough spread it in center thin layer place sweet stuffing ball in center and then make a potli bag. cut them extras in the top of money bag.
- Now it seems like a ball.
- And then roll the ball spread it evenly like a circle shape.
- Heat the tawa on medium heat and place the poli over the tawa.
- Cook the poli on both sides by applying ghee till its golden brown and then serve.
- Coconut Poli is ready now.