Chicken Skewers,chicken tikka is one of the most popular chicken starter or appetizer from Indian Cuisine and is popular across the world.Chicken tikka is a cube of chicken that is marinated in spiced yogurt mixture called the chicken tikka marinade.
- 200 gms Chicken Boneless small pieces
- 3 tsp Curd/yogurt
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1/4 tsp garlic paste
- ½ tspLemon juice
- 1-1 1/2 tsp Oil
- ¼ tsp Chilli powder
- ½ tsp Coriander powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp Curry masala powder
- 2 pinch pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp Gram flour(optional)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Methi leaves
- Big onion cubes
- Red capsicum cubes
- Green capsicum cubes
- If you are using regular yogurt, then add it to muslin cloth and then drain off the excess water. You must have a thick consistency curd.
- Wash and cut chicken boneless to equal sized cubes,set them side for a while to take away the dripping water.
- In bowl, add chicken, yogurt, lemon juice,ginger garlic paste, oil, chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, curry masala powder, salt, methi leaves,. Marinate the chicken for at least an hour.You will have to refrigerate if marinating for longer than an hour.
- Soak the wooden skewers for at least 30 mins in water to prevent them from burning.
- Just before you begin to grill, cube the veggies and marinate in the left over marination.
- Put them on to skewers, alternating veggies and chicken.
- Preheat the oven to 475 F for at least 10 minutes, bake for 22 to 30 mins or till fully done. I suggest checking after 20 mins. This depends on the size of your chicken pieces and how tender it is.