Chicken Kurma is a simple chicken curry recipe very good as it pair well with parotta,egg kothu parotta,idli,dosa,biryani or plain rice.
- 1 lb (450gm) Chicken
- ½ Big onion chopped
- 1 Tomato chopped
- ¾ tsp Ginger paste
- ½ tsp Garlic paste
- 2 Green chilli(optional)
- 1 stick Curry leaves chopped
- ½ Coconut (coconut milk)
- 10 Cashew nuts (cashew paste)
- Water required
- Coriander leaves finely chopped
For grind powder:
- 2 inch Cinnamon stick
- 2 Cardamom
- 4 Cloves
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 Star anise
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 Red chilli
- 3 sticks Curry leaves
- Heat a pan, add cinnamon sticks, cardamom, cloves, bay leaf, star anise, coriander seeds, red chilli, curry leaves dry roast all ingredients. Cool down. Grind a fine powder.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add onion chopped sauté till it turns transcluent color.
- Add ginger paste, garlic paste mix well and sauté for the raw smell goes out.
- Add curry leaves,tomatoes chopped sauté for 2 mins. Now add chicken pieces sauté for ¾ chicken cooked.
- Add 1 1/4 tsp grind powder, salt and mix well. And then add coconut milk 2nd and 3rd , water needed, cashew paste and cover with the lid and cook for 2 whistles. 15mins resting time.
- Open the lid, add 1st coconut milk to boil for 5 mins.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.