Chana Masala, one of the most popular vegetarian dishes in india. Chana Masala is a good combination for chapathi,poori,bhature and dosa. Step by step method on the end of this post.
- 1 cup Chana dal / chickpeas
- 3 Onion chopped
- 2 Tomato chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- ¾ tsp Ginger paste
- ½ tsp Garlic paste
- ¼+ ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp Chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- ¼ tsp Garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Kasthuri methi
- ¾ – 1 tsp Brown sugar/sugar
- Lemon a few drop
- Coriander leaves
- In a bowl, add chickpeas/chana dal and water allow to soak overnight.
- In a pressure cooker soaked chickpeas with turmeric powder and water and cover with the lid cook for 7-8 whistles.
- In another pressure cooker add tomato and onion with 1 cup water and cook for 3 whistles. Once onion and tomato is cooked and then add into the mixer jar and blend to grind smooth puree.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin powder and ginger garlic paste and sauté for raw smells goes out.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala and mix well.
- Immediately, add grind onion, tomato puree and mix well and cover with the lid and cook for thicken.
- Add cooked chana dal / chickpeas to the masala and add water if needed and cook for 5 -10 mins.
- Add kasthuri methi, salt and sugar and mix well.
- Add lemon juice mix well. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Chana Masala is ready now.