Ambur Mutton Biryani, use only wood fire to cook this biryani and they also use DUM method of cooking.Green Chillies and Ghee, that should never be used for Ambur mutton biryani. Seeraga Samba rice is the only traditional rice used for making this Ambur mutton biryani.
- 1 ½ cup Seeragasamba rice
- 250-300 gms Mutton (goat/lamb)
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 4 Cloves
- 2-3 Cardamom
- 1 Onion chopped
- ¾ tsp Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 5 Red chilli paste
- 1 Tomato thin sliced
- 3tbsp Curd+1 tsp
- ½ Lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 15 Coriander leaves
- 20 Mint leaves
- Soak the rice in water. set aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add a tbsp of curd. Add cinnamon stick, cloves and cardamom.
- Add little amount of onion, garlic paste and sauté for 2 mins on medium flame.
- Now add in the ginger paste and sauté for 2 mins until raw smell goes out.
- Add little amount of coriander leaves(optional) and then add in red chilli paste and sauté for raw smell goes out.
- Add remaining onion and then add tomato sauté for 2 mins.
- Now add mutton pieces mix well and sauté for 2 mins.
- Add curd mix well and cook for a min. And then add lemon juice, salt, coriander leaves and mint leaves. Add in a cup of water. Mix well to combine.
- Cover with the lid and cook for 20 whistle.20 mins resting time to open the lid.
- Bring a heat bottom pan of water to a boil and add in soaked rice. Add salt.
- Cook until the rice is half done(approximately 10-12 mins)(rice1 ½ cup and water 3 cup). Drain the water and add the rice to the mutton pan. Mix well to combine.
- Place the mutton biryani pan in a preheated 450 degree F oven,switchoff and keep it dum for 20-30 mins.(or)Heat a dosa pan on the stove and put the mutton biryani pan on the top of the dosa pan and allow it to cook on low flame for 15 mins.
- Serve Ambur Mutton Biryani with raita and kulambu.
- Ambur Mutton Biryani is ready now.