Ambur Chicken Biryani,Green Chillies and Ghee, that should never be used for Ambur biryani. Seeraga Samba rice is the only traditional rice used for making this Ambur biryani.
- 300-450 gms Chicken
- 1 ½ cup Seeragasamba rice(kali jeera rice)
- 3 tsp Curd+1 tsp
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 4 Cloves
- 2 Cardamom
- 1 Star anise
- 2 Bay leaf
- ¾ tsp Ginger paste
- ½ tsp Garlic paste
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Tomato finely chopped
- 3-5 tsp Red chilli paste or to taste
- 1 Curry leaves stick
- 3 stick Coriander leaves
- 20 Mint leaves
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required
- 2 ½ cup Water
- Heat oil in a pan. Add 1 tsp curd and then add cinnamon stick, cardamom, cloves, star anise, bay leaf and curry leaves.
- Add ginger garlic paste till raw smell goes out.
- Add onion saute for 3 mins and red chilli paste and salt sauté for raw smell goes out. Add chicken, sauté for 5 mins and then add mint leaves and coriander leaves finely chopped.
- Add tomato chopped and sauté for 2 mins. And then add curd mix well and sauté for 2 mins.
- Then add lemon juice mix well and then rice mix well.
- Add water cover with the lid and cook for 1 whistle.20 mins resting time to open.
- Ambur Chicken Biryani is ready now.