Aloo Matar Masala, is a very simple dish to prepared with potatoes and green peas.It goes well with roti,chapathi,paratha,naan and dosa.
- 4 Potatoes
- ½ cup Green peas
- ½ tsp Jeera seeds/cumin seeds
- 1 ½ Onion finely chopped
- ½ tsp Ginger paste
- ¼ tsp Garlic paste
- 4 Tomatoes
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 ½ tsp Chilli powder (to taste)
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- ½ tsp Garam masala powder
- 1 ¼ cups Water
- 1 tsp Kasthuri methi/dry fenugreek leaves
- ½ – ¾ tsp Sugar (optional)
- 2 tsp Coriander leaves finely chopped
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add cumin seeds to splutter and then add onion and sauté for till transparent .
- Add ginger garlic paste and sauté for raw smell goes out.
- Add chopped potatoes and green peas and sauté for 2 mins.
- Meanwhile puree the tomatoes in a blender.
- Add tomato puree and turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder mix well and cook for 5 mins until the tomato puree becomes shiny.
- And then add water and mix well. And pressure cook for 2 whistles in medium flame.
- Add kasthuri methi and sugar and mix well.
- Make your desired consistency. Add coriander leaves and mix well.
- Aloo Matar Masala is ready now.