Adai, is made of lentils and rice. It is usually prepared for breakfast and is filling and healthier than dosa.
- ¼ cup Toor dal/thuvaram paruppu
- ¼ cup Moong dal/paasi paruppu
- ¼ cup Urad dal/ulutham paruppu
- ¼ cup Gram dal /kadalai paruppu
- ½ cup Raw rice
- 4 Red chilli
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp Asafeotida
- 2 tsp Oil
- ¼ tsp Mustard seeds
- 2 sticks Curry leaves
- 20 Small onion chopped
- Soak rice, dal and red chillies separately for 2 hrs minimum.
- In mixer, add rice, dal, red chillies, salt and asafetida to grind a coarse paste.
- Add water mix well and desire consistency. The batter should not be thick nor watery.
- Adai batter is now ready.
- Heat a non stick tawa and pour a ladle of batter and spread it in circular motion. Drizzle a tsp of oil around the adai.
- Let it get cooked. Once cooked, flip it over to the other side. Let it get cooked.
- After both sides are cooked well, remove from tawa and serve it hot with chutney or sugar.
- Adai is ready now.